Tuesday, January 13, 2009

DIY Tip: Adhesives



I've been getting a lot of questions from DIY brides and fellow scrappers on which adhesive I use for the paper products. This has been a question I've grappled with myself for the first 6 months after starting GE Designs. I've used several: glue sticks, double-sided tape, and rubber cement. All of which has worked for me so far. But back in November, I've made an investment in the 3M ATG Tape gun, which is available at Framing Supplies. OMG. What a difference! I use the acid free Gold ATG tape, also available at the web site, but this gun has saved my life. It's so easy to use, and with the 1/4" tape, I can use it on any paper project. When you work with wedding decor, greeting cards, and other memory making items, you want to use high quality adhesive, and 3M's ATG tape is by far my favorite.
But if you don't want to make the investment, or you are not a scrapper, and just need adhesives on a short term basis, my second favorite adhesive is Scotch's permanent double-sided tape. Just make sure to press down after application to make sure the paper stick permanently. I still use this for last minute touchups - and for my personal notecards. This is available at any craft store or drug store. I highly recommend double sided tape for every bride on their big day -- it's great for any sticky emergency!

No comments: