Thursday, December 31, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I wanted to make a "Starry Night" type of feel, with the clear Swarovski Crystals against the navy Blue and silver metallic cardstock, but once I was done with the first one, I thought the theme looked more like Hannukah cards. So I added the silver embossed Christmas tree on the cover. I probably should have gone with Red. I wanted to make them as intricate as wedding invites, since I was inserting a CD, but once I started pushing back my deadline, I got less and less ambitious with it.
What took the most time, was affixing 3 different sized Swarovski Crystals on each card to make it look like a starry night (Outside and inside). Yikes. It took time to heat/cool the applicator, change attachments according to crystal sizes, the placement took a while since crystals got stuck on the applicator -- the obstacles with rhinestones just lasted days. Never again.
But in honor of the Holidays, check out my 3 Christmas Card designs. Merry Christmas and GE Designs will be back in 2010 with new photos and projects!
Here's a closeup of the embossed Christmas tree. Embossing was another lengthy activity.
This one has a ribbon closure, which required cutting slits and looked pretty... But then I realized that it wouldn't fit in the envelopes. So only one lucky person gets this design.
I originally wanted to create the outer CD holder myself with cardstock using my creativity, but I opted to purchase the Diagonal Enclosure Cards from Paper Source. I think I saved myself the headache by purchasing the ready-made versions. I didn't take photos of the CD labels for the CD itself, but I affixed a sticker label so that the final product wouldn't look half-done. Here is my playlist below. These songs range from the early 90s to now. I tried to include different genres to keep it eclectic.
- Last Christmas by Glee Cast
- White Christmas by Rascall Flatts
- I'll Be Home For Christmas by Rascall Flatts
- Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill
- Christmas Shoes by Various Artist (Not sure who recorded this song - someone sent this to me years ago)
- Do You See What I See? by Destiny's Child
- All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
- Love's In Our Hearts For Christmas by N'SYNC
- Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire by Toni Braxton
- Let It Snow by Boyz II Men
- Silent Night by Boyz II Men
- Little Drummer Girl by Alicia Keys
- Christmas Song by Dave Matthews
- Winter Song by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Colbie Caillat
- Mistletoe by Colbie Caillat
- Christmastime by Smashing Pumpkins
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) by Maroon 5
- The Little Drummer Boy by Charles Brown