Thursday, May 14, 2009

My New Item: Wedding Invitations

Invitations. It's an item that I never had in my inventory (where's the time?)... but thanks to some wonderful current and past clients, I may reconsider it. There are just so many talented designers out there, that I didn't think there would be room for yet another wedding invitation designer. So I've started out small... with a Save the Date every now and then. I can make them, I just don't advertise it yet.
Now, it's been a year since I've started this little business, and I think I'm ready to start adding invitations to my shop. So far, I've only done print at home, do-it-yourself invitations through the requests of some brides who bought monograms from me. It's so nice when girls ask me to help them with their invites, so I help where I can.... Here are a few that I've worked on for them to print at home. FYI, I had to scratch out last names for their privacy!
Below is Carolyn's invite set. It's still in the works, since she's finalizing some details, so this is for a pocketfold invite with 3 inserts...





I worked with Haley for a while now. I loved working with her. She's an NH Knottie (shoutout, girls!). And her invites were created for a pocketfold with 3 inserts. I actually ended printing these for her on my own printer (she ordered and sent the cardstock to me). You can see them on my flickr page.

Cynthia's been patient with me on her design. I loved that she knew exactly what she wanted (vintage roses, swirls, etc), so it took me a while to get it right, but here is her invitation portion to print at home...

I think when the May and June orders are completed, I will be working on some designs to post in my shop. So stay tuned!

No comments: