Monday, November 8, 2010

GE Wedding: Invitations... Check!

HUGE sigh of relief.  I have dropped off our wedding invitations at the post office today! FINALLY... There are only a few peeps who know exactly what a rough time we've been having this year, but long story short,  my priorities have drastically changed and unfortunately, I have not been on top of my wedding preparations as I would have liked.  BUT, I had finished my invitations this weekend, and mailed them to the family and friends who have been there for us.  The guest list of who would even receive invitations was pretty short, since the FI and I decided to only invite friends and family who have been involved in our lives in the last couple years.  But that's another story.

So here are a few photos of my invitations, which I will be selling in my shop.  The price is little higher than my other items, because OMG, these were a LOT more work than I anticipated (plus the dupioni silk wasn't cheap). It did get easier after the 5th one, but I was exhausted when I was done. I told the fiance "never again, never never never" will I make these types of invitations.  This is my normal rant after I try something new. Then I'm like, nah, I can do this again. So check it out:
Each red panel is Dupioni silk wrapped cardstock. VERY pretty in person.  It took me forever to cut the dupioni silk into the right sized panels, THEN, I had to iron each piece onto the cardstock before even adhering it... argh. I had a vision, and this was NOT exactly my vision (required more time and even more money), but I'm pretty happy with the result.
Since we have a destination wedding, "Travel Information" contains our travel agent info, resort info, etc.  It's in lieu of "Accomodations."  I really only added a "Details" Card so that there was a nice layered look to the inserts.  The Response card's 4Bar red envelope is inserted behind all the inserts, out of view.  Augh. Look at the date of the Response card: November 15. And I mailed them today! What a faux pas.  Girls, if you are mailing your invitations, make sure your "respond by" date is at least 3 weeks in advance.  Shame on me.  But life threw me lemons, and I made apple juice. I know - its just wrong (and yes, the saying is "lemonade" not apple juice).


A Monogram square closes the whole pocketfold.  I decided to add 6 small rhinestones to the square just to add some interest. I felt that it was a little plain without them. More work, yes, but nice touch.
There you go.  GE Designs' wedding invitations.  Done. Fin. Now, it's off to work on my clients' stationery.  It never ends. But I love it. :)

No comments: